Another Postcard from Visa Limbo

Desperately clinging to the job I should have already started by doing as much organising as I can remotely by email. It might work for a while, but sooner or later they're going to want me there. Fortunately, late arrivals and improvisation are factored into summer schools.

Theoretically, I can still get there for the teachers' induction day on Thursday if the visa arrives first thing tomorrow, and I can get to the BA office in Tripoli to book the flight, and then get to the airport in time to check in. But that's the triumph of hope over expectation.

I'm completely packed now. Even my FED2 is in its uneasy-open case, and then in bubble wrap in the middle of a suitcase. I'm working with a bare minimum of clothes, washing one set every day. Luckily, it's so hot in Libya they dry in an hour.

This is a very strange situation. Character building. Or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!