Mozart Minuet in G: Day 1

Got the first four bars just now, both hands.  Would have got the next four, but for a couple of glasses of vinho verde with excellent scallops, at The Fish People, (Herself had the salmon, and The Bairn fish and chips, and all plates were cleared and good reports given). That was after a visit to the Scotland St School: nary a piano in sight, but "scales charts", which I couldn't make out, on the early 20th century classrooms' walls. The classroom made to look 1950s and 60s gave Herself and me a nasty shiver as we walked in.

I only got 45 mins or so on the Mozart tonight, and even modest amounts of alcohol prohibit learning, I'd say.  But it's a start.  Probably a week or so to get it learnt, and the same again to get it musical?

Meanwhile, here's someone else having a go from YouTube:



I don't know if it's my ear or my imagination, but the above video, and the one I blogged last night both sound really, well, digital - all questions of the players' abilities aside.  I'll record and upload my own version when ready.  The sense of performance will spur me on and keep me right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!