Parturation and Podcasts.

Autumn’s knocking on the door: it’s windy and looks like rain. You can smell the summer getting too old. I’m really looking forward to September, because the Baby’s due at the end of the month. Not that we’re relishing the thought of childbirth too much, trying not to dwell on the scary, screaming shitty hours Herself’s to go through. At the ante-natal class last week they asked for a volunteer to try the gas-and-air, so naturally I gave it a go. Shite. Didn’t touch the sides, and I wasn’t in great pain, as a labouring woman will be. “Demand Diamorphine” is my advice.

Meanwhile, podcasting. It’s a lot like the blogosphere, which is to say decidedly patchy. Decidedly.

For example, there’s Chris Reardon. Very professional DJing, but middle of the road music and sub-local-radio chat. Not my cup of tea, anyhow.

From the BBC, obscurely, there's The Weekender, from Radio Northampton, of all places, which lasts half an hour and has some excellent Indie music; the gig-guide is necessarily parochial, mind. (The BBC has several downloadable programmes here).

Gareth Jones is all about motor racing. Most DEFINITELY not for me - the link said something about "petrolheads" and I thought it might be about cheap drugs, but no.

The Miller Tells Her Tale has a lot about it. Folk, country and singer/songwriter music, so, at three hours, it's a bit like an evening at a good country pub with live music in the company of a charming Scotswoman.

That's all for now - these things take time. There are a lot of links to podcasts at podcastingnews.com

Comments

  1. I'd recommend Dailysonic , its a daily podcast which has some quite interesting features. It takes a while to get into, but it's definately one of my daily listens.

    Diggnation is pretty good too, once they stop talking about beer at the start of each show.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend Pete has a Podcast radiostation called Bonfire Radio, a whole collection of stuff from the weird and bleeding awful to the weird and wonderful. I like Pete's own Radio shows myself. They're late night coffee and fags, tunes and some incoherent mumbling. Lovely.

    And because great minds think alike, the next few days will see the launch of my own music pages, Podcast/radioshows/mixes by me and some of my mates. Can't think what to call it, but will ask the fans.

    Parturition. Urrck.
    Here's a Star Trek Ep to take your mind off it. An early epidural and lots of sleep beforehand is my suggestion. Exciting though, eh? A baby Pigsty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice: go with painkillers early. Mankind invented them for a reason. Of course, I'm a guy, so take that advice with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, does anybody think Mrs Pigsty has gone into early labour? Good luck, fingers crossed and all that.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!