The Northumberland Arms

I'd forgotten all about this pub, underground by Prudhoe Chare off Northumberland Street (that's in the Town, [Newcastle], for non-Geordies) and haven't been in it for years, not since I was a student in the early 80s. I spotted it out of the corner of my eye today and we went down the stairs. Just had a half, and Herself a bowl of soup. The main meals looked good, and you can tell that it's good value for money because most of the patrons were pensioners who'd braved the stairs. Coffin-dodgers always have excellent noses for finding good quality cheap grub.

Comments

  1. Ah, you'll have to fill in some reviews on my wife's site Let's Eat Out. heh..

    That dude in the foreground looks a bit of a tuff nut. "You taking a photo of me, sunny?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I wasn't really too aware of him until later! Could have gotten ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'll bookmark the wife's site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this where they have the traditional music nights?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see any info about that, but I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!