Polytunnel

Having ascertained that I can build a shed for an estimated £50 + a few weekends of cursing and ingenuity, I began to look askance at the £300 being asked for a polytunnel. Hmm. Turns out it's easily done with 6x2m scaffold tubes, & about 40m of 50mm mdpe gas piping. Improvising a the polythene cover would be possible, but I can buy a ready made one with a door etc for less than £50 on eBay. So that's it for less than £100.

All of which means, this coming winter I can have both my shed and my polytunnel for about £150 the pair, that's 25% of what they would have cost me from a commercial retailer. Meanwhile, I keep myself firmly on the right side of the allotmenteers' ethical code by doing it all on the cheap, by the sweat of one's brow. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!