Shed... The Jury Returns

I took a brief breather between my barbed-wire labours, and digging/raking/sowing (cauliflower), and contemplated The Shed.


It really won't do, will it? The angle it's leaning at gets a little more acute everytime I really look at it. I was all for saving it, repairing and restoring an old allotment relic, using rusty corrugated iron sheeting to give it a between-the-wars African shanty town kind of look...

But it's only decades of inertia saving it, somehow, from collapse. There are no sound timbers anywhere on it. Besides, the Old Greenhouse area, now aka concrete & brick structure, would provide a perfect base for a new shed, probably a poly tunnel too, and this wonky old lady could go and leave me with a new bed for, perhaps perennials.

I suspect that the concrete & brick structure once founded a greenhouse & shed, and that this one was thrown up at a later date, out of true with the plot, and sans any real framework or foundations.

And so, sitting on my white plastic chair of office, I pronounced sentence: on a day to be appointed, being not less than 1 year from today, you, Shed, shall be taken down and burned. November 5th, perhaps...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!