petrol and drugs

I did consider tootling along to the Jarrow fuel protest with my camera. And then I thought, "fuck 'em". Open the lid on the fuel protestors and you can smell some very low life forms; AND they're protesting against the bloody government, with the police in the middle. So "fuck the lot of 'em".

The local and national news showed only fourteen 'protestors' had turned up. Daft twats. You could get more people to protest against the imposition of tax on, say, graph paper.

Which reminds me, rather obscurely, of this story about the Duchess of Northumberland growing dope and magic mushrooms. And papaver somniferum, which grows as a rather la di da weed throughout Jarrow.

Comments

  1. The whole fuel blockade thing died a death today, really. I wouldn't mind the high fuel prices (too much) if I knew it was being put into research on technologies for replacing the stuff, but to know it's just going into a big tax pot that's being used to fund wars and shit, makes me support the protestors. "Put the money to good use, or fuck off", is what I say to the government, but no one listens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but we could say that about ALL taxes, surely? I'm none too cheery about my cash being used to occupy other peoples' countries, believe me.

    I don't know, but from some of the other things they say I suspect these 'fuel protestors' would be all in favour of neo colonial adventures, (ie shooting foreigners) so long as it kept the cost of diesel down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!