Deadly stuff...


Deadly stuff..., originally uploaded by iambigred.

This photo reminded me of Prague. I was working there in the late 90s, and at weekends frequented "The Sporting Bar", in a lane just off Wenceslas Square. One time, a big gang of Welsh lads were there, a whole rugby team, on a remarkable weekend long bachelor party in the city. They got into the absinthe on the second day, and the men's lavvies that evening were a scene from hell: vomiting lads, groans, shit on the floor...

In Prague, stick to the beer.

Comments

  1. I wish we could get Absinthe here!
    (sigh)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *only* beer. Okay, maybe a bit of wine. Okay, some hard cider, too. But NO HARD STUFF. (I learnt my lesson in college).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh - the mythical "Green Fairy" - all those Impressionists knew what they were doing when they drank then painted.

    Still illegal in France since the 1920s but a trip across the border into Italy some time ago allowed me to get a bottle.

    Just a glass each evening gave me impressive dreams

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!