And whilst I'm on about pictures and stories...

...As I'm looking for work and trying to become more responsible, I'd better change the sidebar image. As Herself keeps saying, the hubbly-bubbly pipe one "makes you look like a [deleted] old hippy". Indeed. Sometimes, I'll forget to snip the Pig Sty address from serious emails, so I'd better smarten up the Avenue's image a touch.

So here's a passport photo, not quite 100% serious. The story is, I went for an interview a couple of years back for a teaching job with the Royal Air Force of Oman. I'd been asked to take two passport photos, but to be on the safe side I took four, because, in my experience, some overseas employers have an obsession about getting an absurd number of passport photos of potential employees. At the end of the interview in a London hotel the Omani interviewer asked me if I had the photos. "Yes," I said, thinking I'd pulled a fast one on the blighter. "Actually, I've got four." He looked a bit taken aback, but soon recovered and said, "Ah. We really need six."

So I had to traipse around bloody London and find a photobooth. I was trying to keep a sense of fun about the situation, which explains the odd expression.

I didn't get that particular job, btw.

Comments

  1. Bloody photo booth photos. If I get the chance to employ some people, I will insist on a photo of them doing something stupid from every Christmas in the last 5 years. Yeah, make it more interesting. Probably get a better idea of who they are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably don't want to work for someone that two-ups you at every turn anyway!

    By the way, what's wrong with hippies? i LOVE hippies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my last passport photo I had been sick (sinus) for a week. My nose was raw from the constant sniffles. In the photo it looked like The Hulk had wapped me in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks as though you'd had a puff or three on the old hubbly bubbly between the interview and the photo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!