Kind words, a twat in a triple crown, and particular rainbows.

I had my first go in the digilab today, where there's lots of fun teaching English with computers. Everything is utterly different from the haphazard provision of EFL instruction in Libya, and most of the other teaching environments I've been in. And most of my new colleagues have been there for several years, whereas ALL of my employers during the past seven or eight years, until now, seemed to struggle to hold on to staff for more than a few weeks.

So that's the weekend now, properly so called - you kind of lose touch with the concept when on the dole.

That other job I was going for, the one that needed shit-hot typing skills and had me down to Leeds for a test, was a job subtitling the news for the telly. More glamorous than English teaching, but I wasn't really wanting such a big career change. They invited me for an interview next week, and I emailed them to say I wouldn't be going because I'd taken up another job. For some reason, perhaps because I was getting used to people behaving like dogs, I expected to get some sort of snotty reply; but I got this email back:
Thanks for letting us know. Good luck in your new job.

A kind word can go a long way, and costs nowt.
______________________________________________________________

I've no kind words for these twats in the Vatican. Equating homesexuality with paedophilia is a fucking scandal in this day and age. Boys AND girls get sexually abused by priests, as they must know. Wilfully mixing up the issues of paedophile priests and gay priests is nothing short of wicked.
______________________________________________________________

I'm attracted to this idea on flickr. Any flickr member can join the group, photo the sky on October 1st, and the images will make some kind of collage. It's nice to be involved in an ad hoc worldwide enterprise, albeit a meaningless one.
_____________________________________________________________

Idling around that group, I encountered Redmum, who made me smile.
____________________________________________________________

Vee8 thinks that this might be a red rainbow. I think he might be right. Sam Judson captured the same rainbow, but managed to make a panoramic stich of it.

Comments

  1. The Mrs. and I are shopping a novel - I've been shocked how many of the agents take the time to send nice personalized e-mail responses to the proposal. All no, but, hey, they did respond . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!