An hors d'oeuvre for an orgy...

I got into herbs years ago because my then girlfriend was interested in them and grew some in her garden. Neither of us knew much about them, mind. Anyhow, one day we’re having a dinner party and it was summer and I did a salad for one of the courses, and I picked a sprig of this and a few leaves of that, - in complete ignorance of the plants properties – and chopped them up and made a delicious salad dressing with them, mixed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

So then there are eight of us around the dinner table, and the eating starts and there are compliments all round on my herbal salad dressing…

And then I started to get a feeling, which I can only liken to the early stages of sexual arousal: heart rate accelerating, butterflies in the tummy… I looked around the table at my friends’ faces and could tellthey were all feeling the same way. Nobody referred to it, the sensation faded, and the conversation returned to normal.

Wish I’d made a note of the plants involved.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!