ABC Notation?

I'm stumbling onto a whole new world, here.

Comments

  1. THIS ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!! but in a folky kind of way.. never will we be short of fiddly dee tunes again..

    ... the fife is on it's way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. got barfly and flabc working off the cuff and flabc takes it into logic! (audio program) so that's really cool.. haven't been so excited for ages...

    i'm still really sad aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sadder because I have no fucking idea what you're talking about in that last post. Will research it.

    The fife looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're free programs that turn the abc notation to sound. the latter puts the output into an audio program and there I can apply just about any instrument in the bank to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But Logic won't run on a PC, is that right?

    And can barfly change abc into standard musical notation?

    Anyway, can't you read music? Fuck's sake, if I can learn it, I'm sure you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, what kind of fife are you getting? I've been looking at them this morning, and if I master the whistle, I might give one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no logic on pc.. don't know about the change to musical notation in barfly. there is a list of software telling what it can do, that's what I went for. your boy should have something compatible if he uses a pc.

    I perhaps should have gone for the whistle first because the embouchure is going to need so much practice..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQg0vScnQ8E&feature=related

    and I got this one..

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-YRF21-Fife/dp/B0002F5F9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281537028&sr=8-1

    and it came today..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, but embouchure is a brilliant word, isn't it? I plan to get the fingering right, and then move on to the embouchure of a fife, diggity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. diggity indeed...
    no, i got http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liz-Goodwin-The-Fife-Book/dp/B000ZNEOU4/ref=pd_sim_b_3
    instead- as I read that one was not suitable for the yamaha fife for a reason I can't remember...

    managed to get a tune out of it then watched the embouchure vids then completely lost it for about an hour, eventually regained the tune

    ReplyDelete
  10. by the way, how do you put the link in with your text without the http//wwetc bollosks. I can't see how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does your lip feel funny?

    The link is wee bit of html. I can't show you here because it reads it as html. This should explain it. You dumb fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see.. My lip is fine and if I can get to grips with it I may get something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd rather get something like this. Which wasn't made in Pakistan, and wouldn't break my heart if some bastard nicked it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you think a flute's a wee bit serious? I mean, a whistle or a fife is a right laugh, but they have flutes in the BBC Symphony Orchestra.

    [edited for typo - I'm anal like that]

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw that.. something about an symphony orchestra. It's plastic and I should be thankful I'm not aiming for this

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fucken hell. Wondrous sound. You have a point. Twat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too just looked at them on you tube... I'm sold but I want the more expensive one, here. Is there any hope for me? No.

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvcNqqHkn7Q&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my god Garry, I've just realised, you ARE my soul mate in this madness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're better off with a whistle, man, wtf is wrong with you? How about the improbably named Colleen Shanks? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No, I like the lower, deeper tuned instruments, and I need a flute so I can fulfil my fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That can't be real, I must be on drugs. Enough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!