giant waves and booze

My chum, Malcolm, who I worked with at West Tripoli, was visiting Thailand. Don’t know if he’s ok or not. Fingers crossed.

Goodness! Microsoft really pissed me off the other night, did they not? Really, I wish there was some kind of software that could tell when I’ve been drinking – perhaps based on number of typos per minute – and shut the computer down, or at any rate block my access to the blog.

Indeed. As my body struggles to overcome the damage done by alcohol in the last few days, I could almost wish I was back at work in dear old dry Libya. As Cassio said in Othello:

Not tonight, good Iago. I have very poor and unhappy brains for drinking. I could well wish courtesy would invent some other custom of entertainment.

I don’t really enjoy the effect of alcohol any more. But it’s a habit. And being drunk is the only way to enjoy the company of drunks.

However, the main symptom of a hangover is a tendency to pious thoughts regarding the booze. After a few days of sobriety in Libya I’ll be closing my eyes and fantasising about evenings in the pub.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!