Change "Jungle" to "Desert"

"When I was here I wanted to be there. When I was there, all Icould think of was getting back into the jungle." [from Apocalyse Now, screen play Coppola & Milius]

It's not quite like that, and there'll be no-one shooting at me, hopefully. But a long time away from alcohol is beginning to appeal, for one thing. Also, the short cold dark days are becoming highly dispiriting. And I'm as bald as Brando was in that film. Hey ho. But the Martin Sheen character was talking from the perspective of being there, whereas I'm still here.

I bought the "Redux" version to watch out there: at which time I might recall this post and feel very foolish and homesick. Maybe it's in our natures to be dissatisfied. Or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!