Creosote and Comfrey

During another lovely short sunny winter's day I creosoted the greenhouse, and contemplated comfrey. When I got home, I put all of my clothes into a hot wash forthwith, and had a bath. There's still an odour of creosote about the place.

And as for comfrey leaf wine! Henriette at alt.folklore.herbs advised I look into livertoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids. So I have. It's been a lesson. One bit of advice, (that is, exactly the same text), comes up time and time again on Google – I traced this piece of wisdom to someone called Jackie Barr.

Hmm. Then got onto this article, posted by Henriette, which indicates comfrey consumption is not wise. I tried to look up E Roder’s references on Google Scholar, with no success, but it’s early days yet for that search engine…

After that, I had to have a glass of wine, (£3.29 from Netto), regarding which it can only be said that grapes have probably featured at some point in its production.

Perhaps I should just make creosote wine.

Comments

  1. Hello! Yes thanks, the pub went very well, though I am ever so slightly sozzled now (having had three vodkas and being a terrible lightweight...). Erm, and once again in this wonderful style I've completely forgotten my point...

    Yes, panic attacks. They're really, really common it's just no one admits it. I have oodles of tips for you, which I shan';t even attempt to type now.

    Again, congrats!! Have you had a honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, had a honeymoon.

    would like to see panic attack info in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... jackie barr has taken that bit of wisdom from my writing on the wikipedia. I put it into the medicinal herbs bit (I think; they've reorganized since) back in 2002 or so, when I was briefly active there.
    -Henriette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!