Like we used to sing in the Leazes End, back in the 70s, "Ooh! Look behind ye! Ooh, look behind ye!" Let's see how Ms Malignant C manages to sneer tomorrow. Mind you, I think Waddler's comment on ESPN might have had some force about them playing to "a high line", which means vulnerability to a counter-attack... though the result suggests otherwise against Villa. No doubt Comrade C has more than one barricade up his sleeve.

And even if this is all a flash in the pan, ffs, let's enjoy it, lads and lasses, eh? But something about their body language, never mind this scoreline, tells me we won't be battling relegation this season. Howay the fucking lads.

Comments

  1. Great, wasn't it?
    We made Villa look atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about that, I just think that we looked good. When Ireland gets himself bedded in, I think Villa will still be a good team. The point, hopefully, is, that even good teams, even the best teams, will struggle at St James's. Nicking a point or sometimes three, away, and that's us sorted. Mind, mid table this season will be a major achievement. But fuck knows. I've never seen a Newcastle side like this, with this degree of playing as team. They remind me of Germany in the World Cup, or Fulham last season. A proper team, in other words.

    An atavistic part of me wants badly to be living back home, and holding a season ticket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!