Chiff & Fipple

Probably the best internet craic on the subject of the whistle.

Comments

  1. after reading you harp on about your bloody whistle, I've decided to buy myself a 'fife' because I had a dream I could play the flute and they're too expensive.

    and I don't know if you got the guardian today, but I looked at the political cartoon and thought 'that's not drawn too well...'

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cartoon/2010/aug/10/cartoon-bluelou-northern-ireland

    bluelou = Louise McKeever.. small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the Mozart of consumerism, you are.

    The one today, not drawn too well, as you rightly say, was actually one of the better drawn ones of the last week or so.

    Wait a minute... Louise! Get the fuck out of here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is correct... I read on some website a while ago steve bell had bought one of her drawings and i guess this is the next step... mad irish bitch..

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i'm curious as to what you think about my latest offering, honesty honestly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully drawn, though I don't get the punchline - or maybe there isn't one, or I'm missing something. What happened to the dog shit characters? They were very well drawn, too, but there was something remarkable about the story.

    Pity you don't do politics, you could beat Lou into a cocked hat, in terms of drawing and surreality.

    Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Writers Block needs some thought vis a vis apostrophes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this for an newspaper accompanying a litfest in blackpool so it had to be kind of relevant, had to stay away from weirdness and people eating their own poo.. that kind of stuff. My next will (hopefully) be in keeping with... whatever the fuck it's in keeping with..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember the Tufty Club one you did... Or was it Rupert Bear? He was shagging his mam or something, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fuck me, i'd forgotten all about that... tufty it was. did i draw it at... I can't remember the name of the road we lived on, and I've just looked at google earth and maps AND I CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT...!

    anyway, yes, tufty... and after he held his mummy's hand cause he was scared of traffic

    ReplyDelete
  10. It pre-dated our NORFOLK STREET hilarity. I seem to remember Steve had it at his house. Maybe he's still got it, though it wouldn't be the kind of thing you'd want the kids to find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Norfolk st... I was looking in the completely wrong area... dipshit I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!