looking out of the window

Just have a shufty at this set of photos by sweet distin.

In the mid-80s I was living in Winchester in Hampshire, in a flat near the railway lines. There was a huge conifer, perhaps a wellintonia, and the bottom of the lane. And you could see the outline of a cedar of lebanon from the flat, in the middle distance. I can't explain why, but there's something in these photos, a quality of the light, perhaps, which evokes that place and time.

The things you can do with a creative mind and a hassleblad, eh?

I developed that film last night. Another tantalising negative roll. I've got half a dozen now, waiting for me to come back from holiday with the film scanner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!