The Lincolnshire Poacher is almost home...

Practising this last week or so has consisted of ten minutes before I leave for work in the morning, and sometimes I get time in the evening, too. I’m nearly there, and if I can get several hours at the weekend, this particular hare should be in the poacher’s bag and headed for the pot. It’s almost at the right tempo, and I can sing along to the melody in my head; (I want to sing along to it out loud eventually, but that can wait).

I’ve emailed the ABRSM local representative to see if I can get a more precise date for the exam than the vague 7th November to 10th December that is given on the website. To put it bluntly, I will struggle to learn 2 more pieces by early November, but another couple of weeks would make a difference.

Really, I’m 99% committed now to getting this done this year. I’ve even started thinking about Grade 2 pieces, and have just had a look at the syllabus. I’m thinking of doing the Mozart, Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen; Holst, Jupiter; and the trad Scottish Piper o’ Dundee. It feels like I’m on a roll here, so I could do it in Spring.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!