#lilliburlero I'm going to call it Day 15

Pretty well got the first 8 bars, (which of course repeat, so that's the first 16) but still rather slow.  Moved on tonight to bars 17-20, which are great fun: whilst RH is doing it's little wander at C4 and down to G, LH is going note-for-note from C2 to G, and then back down to F. Lovely. Fairly easy, too.  

I made a little foray in to the remaining 12 bars. Another couple of hours should get the whole tune into memory, and then it's just a case of Play It Again, and Again, and Again... until I get it to the BBC speed of (I think) ♩ = 126.  

And then.  I'll have climbed the first foothill to its peak.  Just another week or two away.  And then.  I can go into any piano shop, any University refectory or hotel lobby (which have a piano, of course, and many do), anywhere in the world, and play Lilliburlero, which, surely, almost everyone in the world will have heard on the wireless.  And then, I'm a piano player, albeit with a repertoire of only one tune.  

Meanwhile, the tune's driving Herself potty, she can't stop humming it. I've not solicited the views of the neighbours.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!