#lilliburlero Day 6

Keys sticking, and it was seriously interfering with practice.  I had a shufty on YouTube.  I took out a couple of the offending keys, and also non-offending keys, and compared the felts as per what this bloke says.  But they didn't look any different...  So, not thinking really, I just pushed the keys from their ends, towards the body of the piano...  Eue-bloody-reka!  Absurdly simple, intuitive, effective.  Voila.

And then I got back to a sticking-key-free practice.  First few bars two hands.  This is great fun - I'm playing it well, and it sounds lovely with two hands, it's just v-e-r-y s-l-o-w.  Unlike southern parts of the UK, SW Scotland's very wet and forecast to continue so.  Which, encouraging us to stay indoors, means I might get right through it two hands this weekend, and can start to speed up in the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!