Let's have no more nonsense about the Kemble being retired, even temporarily...

...The fact is, we're not going to get to the UAE for months, and once out there, buying a digital will likely not be top priority as we cope with all the hundred demands of life in a new country, with a new job.  I don't know for sure what the music-shop or online-delivery situation will be.  And anyway, I've realized, especially as I get that tiny bit better at Hanons and scales each day, I really, really enjoy practicing on the Kemble, despite the saggy notes that keep going AWOL.  So I'm going to get in touch with this man tomorrow, see what he can do.

On the sight reading, I've got a few apps, but the one that seems to work best is Piano Notes, (actually that one I've linked to looks much more sophisticated than the one I got from the app store...)  I think I've started to internalize the relationship between the notes on the staff (just the treble clef for now) and the keyboard.  The version I'm working on has the treble clef and the bit of the keyboard from The C up another octave and and a half.  Notes appear, and you have to hit the right key on the wee virtual keyboard. It gives you a minute, and I kept at it until I got 20 notes 100% correct in a minute.  I suppose I need to be three times faster than that to say I'm actually sight reading?

Anyway, this is what I'm shooting for to get me started:



I'll be able to do that quite soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!