Don't Forget The Bairn!

I was musing yesterday on where to go next with the piano, and rather like the man walking home from a good lunch at the pub suddenly realized I'd left The Bairn behind.  What was needed was a bit of lateral thinking and a two-birds-with-one-stone approach.

I went through all of the pedagogic materials which came in the piano stool, and they look ok, but they're very dated, the most recent going back to the 60s.  I don't know if music pedagogy has moved on as much as language during that time, but I'd probably regard a 1960s ESL text book as worse than useless.

So I've ordered Tunes for Ten Fingers, which looks as if it will be the kind of thing she can play/work with herself.  Me too, of course.  After that we'll move onto Piano Time 1.  Or maybe jump to 2, depending on where Tunes for Ten Fingers has left us.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!