Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Don't Forget The Bairn!

I was musing yesterday on where to go next with the piano, and rather like the man walking home from a good lunch at the pub suddenly realized I'd left The Bairn behind.  What was needed was a bit of lateral thinking and a two-birds-with-one-stone approach.

I went through all of the pedagogic materials which came in the piano stool, and they look ok, but they're very dated, the most recent going back to the 60s.  I don't know if music pedagogy has moved on as much as language during that time, but I'd probably regard a 1960s ESL text book as worse than useless.

So I've ordered Tunes for Ten Fingers, which looks as if it will be the kind of thing she can play/work with herself.  Me too, of course.  After that we'll move onto Piano Time 1.  Or maybe jump to 2, depending on where Tunes for Ten Fingers has left us.