5cm Summicron f2

And a good job I can have a wee break from the MA (I'm not going to pick up a clever book for a fortnight...), because investigating and trying to get Leica bargains on eBay is a full time occupation.

There's a iiif going with an old 5cm Summicron f2 attached - reasonably priced now with a few days to go, so it might stay within my budget before the auction's done...

The more I investigate Leica lenses, the more I'm impressed by the colour quality. I mean, for example, this isn't a Pullitzer Prize winner, but it shows the potential with the colours. And I don't know what's happened here - tagged hp5 but looks more like c41 b&w, with the lack of contrast...

A really sad aspect of Flickr that you get shoved in your face when you're researching a lens's capabilities is the sad fuckers who spend £100s on lenses just to take photos of them with their digital capture cards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!