Functional Illiteracy

I can't write anymore. No, seriously. I've been working this morning with Dornyei (2005), getting my head into the theory of learner aptitude, and making notes on a proper paper notepad, (it's not my book so I can't scribble in the margins), and it's so bloody slow as to be painful. I type far more quickly now than I can write with pencil and paper. Besides, write down a reference by hand and you're going to have to type the bugger up later, anyway. AND you might mis-transcribe it at that point.

Nope, laptops are aka notebooks for good reason. And I'm giving up on pencil and paper from hereon in.





Ref:

Dornyei, Z. The Psychology of the Language Learner. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Mahwah, NJ. 2005

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!