Dad and Grandad


Dad and Grandad, originally uploaded by Pin Shy Avenue.

I think that this is my oldest surviving photo. We moved from that house when I was ten, so it's before that, probably around 1968/9. I seem to remember that the camera had just two or three settings, probably adjusting the shutter speed. And you can see that it was fixed focus, with the focal point on the garden shed there.

Strange, though, this is the kind of photo I really like now and am starting to take again: black and white, with strong contrasts, and ordinary people not posing.

Grandad always looks a bit fierce in photos. Actually, he was a lovely man. He died a few years after this was taken. I often think of him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!