A Developing Idea X

Well, I've ordered the Canon CanoScan 8800F. You'll notice that the Epson Perfection V350 comes off better for colour quality, but that's irrelevant if you're shooting mostly black and white, and anyways the Epson doesn't take 120; (which is significant: I had a dream about this - I can't remember the details now but I woke up thinking "of course it has to do 120!")

I also found the rangefinderforum today, which is a mine of information, if you want to start dismantling and cleaning a FED 2 - which I probably will in due course.

I picked up that roll of colour (Jessops Everyday 200 - I got ten rolls for a couple of quid on eBay) yesterday that I'd snapped with the second FED 2, and it looks fine: no light leaks, at least so far as I can tell from the negs.

I've got a roll of Kodak 400 ISO in the camera, but I'll take my time with that until I've got the scanner and can catch up with the several rolls of negatives I've got literally hanging around. I really must devote time to study now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!