Somewhere, over the rainbow...


And here are the odds midday today. I got them here. Strangely, Redknapp is still up there. And Keegan, as favourite? Keegan and Shearer together are being touted as a "dream team". Keegan had a chequered career as a manager, to say the least. And of course, Shearer's abilities as a manager can only be guessed at, (though an informed guess would be likely to favour him). The two of them together... It's all somewhat story book, but it might work. On the other hand, they might both like their own way a bit too much. Sir Bobby is to the point, here.

This morning, I told myself I'd blog no more about this until the new manager was actually appointed. But it's got the addictive qualities now of a soap opera - yesterday's pasting only adds to the drama, the underlying feeling that somehow, someday we'll get the management and results that we deserve, and that yesterday's result was just another score to one day be joyfully settled.

Comments

  1. Keegan and Shearer might not work, but imagine if it did...
    Redknapp would have been on the back foot from the start, knowing the fans were ambivalent at best to his appointment. Keegan and Shearer coming back would lift the roof off the place.
    I don't need a trophy. I just need a team I can be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about it, and I don't think they'd make a good double act. And I have a feeling Keegan alone, now, could not cut the mustard - perhaps he simply has a commendable lack of ambition.

    Shearer would be risky, (there's the spectre of Bobby Charlton, brilliant player, nice bloke, crap manager), but it'd be a risk worth taking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Keegan could do it now either, not by himself anyway. Like you say, Shearer would be risky, but so would anyone lumbered with some of the idiots on show last night. We need someone sharpish, if only to stick a boot up the players' backsides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Souness and Allardyce were both boot-up-the-backside types, weren't they? I'd use a different metaphor: we need someone who'll sew their balls back on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking more of a boot in the direction of the exit door. How many more managers are going to lose the dressing room at this club?
    I like the sewing balls back on idea, too. I wonder if some of them are just too far gone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!