Quote of the Day

In the dying moments of the Stoke v Newcastle nil-nil draw tonight, Newcastle's teenaged player Carroll had a kerfuffle with a Stoke player, also apparently a very young man. The commentator said "Overexcited youngsters. We've all seen a few of them in the last two weeks!"

Well, he's glad to be back at work, for one.

Incidentally, my mate is surnamed Carroll, which means that if he bought a Newcastle shirt he could reasonably get one with his own name on it.

See, if I was going to get one, I'd be buggered. No name looks all wrong, a player's name looks a bit like hero worship, (absurd at my age), and getting your own surname... well, it looks a bit deluded; (though your nickname might be ok, if it was a bit self-deprecating, "Fatty", say; and it's ok for kids).

But if you shared a surname with a player, that'd be alright.

Comments

  1. I still laugh at the bloke who got Champions '96 splashed across the back of his shirt just before we self-imploded under Keegan.
    He only needs to keep it another 88 years, I suppose. Who knows, we might even have won something by then.

    Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think things just picked up on that front.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!