Jarrow v Hebburn


jarrow hebburn, originally uploaded by /pɪgstaɪævnjuː/.


We've lived in Hebburn for a year now and we don't really feel at home here.

Herself says that nobody has spoken to her at the St Aloysius playgroup where she takes The Bairn every week over the course of the last year. And in the Iona club, where I go quite a lot, nobody has wished me all-the-best, or even acknowledged that I exist. Whereas, if I go into the Alberta, or the Buffs, in Jarrow I'm immediately at home. Ditto Herself and The Bairn in Jarrow playgroups.

There's loads of dog shit on the pavements, too.

Comments

  1. Back in the mid 70's my wife and I lived in the new Hebburn flats for a while - the strange thing was every time she went out alone to the shops in the Town Centre someone unknown would throw fruit or vegetables at her from the multistory block...

    We never felt at home there either funnily enough and didn't stay long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!