An excellent riddance

The New Year's off to a canny start, then.

The big question now is, Who's to get the poisoned chalice? Like most fans, I suspect, I'd want Shearer. I know he's got NO managerial experience, but he's one of the most experienced players in the country. I've been impressed with the degree of tact and diplomacy he's shown in the last few weeks in his dealings with the media when the skids have been under Big Juicy Fruit. And, most of all, he's one of us, who preferred Newcastle over Man Utd.

I don't like the look of Redknapp one bit.

The fact is, Ashley likes to surprise people. So surprise us with someone who can manage a Premiership side, please.

Comments

  1. And now watching the news tonight no fucker wants it. ( If I used such words...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's how it seemed on the news tonight. But people like Ashley don't make rash decisions: I doubt he would have sacked Allardyce without having lined-up someone to replace him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they can hardly do much worse, whoever gets the job. I thought Shearer was nailed-on yesterday; now I'd try for Mark Hughes (if only we'd appointed him instead of that twat Souness).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anybody here have a long memory? I can remember Keegan being interviewed along these lines:

    Q: Kevin, you won here today at Arsenal 3:4. Obviously your defence is rubbish
    A: No, if they score 3, we will have to score 4.

    I’m sure you get the idea. What a wonderful attitude towards football, and one which I would love to see return not only to the “Toon”, but the Premiership as a league. We live in hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Triumph of Hope Over Experience: we're good at that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!