generations hence

I cleaned out the cookies folder, and that solved the can't-see-my-own-blog conundrum.

This afternoon, in the garden at the flat, I'm going to plant nineteen hawthorn trees, and two gorse bushes around the perimeter, which will eventually give us some privacy and do the local bird population a favour. I'm blogging this because that's what I'm going to do today, but also because planting a tree is a Significant Event: a couple of hours work of a sunday afternoon will result in birds being fed, and people taking pleasure in the may-blossoms when the bairns playing outside are grandparents.

Comments

  1. It's amazing how quickly hawthorn hedging begins to look like a hedge too. We cut down a very old one and planted new about 5 years ago now and you really wouldn't know that it hadn't been there for decades.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!