non digital destination

We could never reasonably house a piano in our wee flat.  The old harmoniums you can buy for almost nothing on eBay look churchy to the point of spooky-gothic.  Those Indian portable ones sound a bit crap. Why not a piano accordion?  I love the sound they make.  Years ago, I used to hang out with a group of blokes who played Irish music in pubs.  We had some great times.  Of course, being a non-musician I was always on the fringe.  They were always encouraging me to learn to the tin-whistle, but back then I was more interested in drink and skirt, and didn't have the patience to practice.  The piano accordion was the heart of the group.  It seemed very intimidating then, but now it looks playable.  Voila.

Comments

  1. looks nice... I want one.
    some of the indian harmoniums are actually very nice but you'll need to hear before you buy, and if you can find a shop that has a selection within 400 miles of you then lucky you.
    what about a small electric piano?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look nice. The problem with the harmonium is size. I think the way ahead is a 2nd hand accordion, and perhaps a synth for the house: unlike a wee electric piano, I can put a synth in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!