Learning To Play The Piano VIII

The keyboard arrived yesterday morning via some kind of courier, and the software this morning in the post.  Which is cool as I ordered them online last weekend.

Last night, sans the learning software, I had a look at online videos regarding hand position (there are lots).  They were of variable quality, and sometimes difficult to make your way through sequentially, and I would like to go back to them and maybe review them if/when I get time. Yesterday evening was me playing C D E F G with my right hand, and sometimes G F E D C for variety.  It's going to take a surprising amount of effort to get the four non-operating digits to stay still whilst their wee pal does the work of the moment.

On the technical side, the software, (including a Vista update) took nearly an hour to load.  And there's a very distracting wee crackle from somewhere.  Something made me think it might be some sort of conflict, so I went into the audio settings on the laptop for a shufty, and accidentally disabled the audio drivers.  There's no easy way to get them back, apparently, than a restore, which I've just done at the cost of losing the KeyRig Vista update...  So I need to do that now, and then return to the annoying wee crackle problem.  I haven't had any time yet to load the Piano Suite Premier software.  And the KeyRig software interface is very technical  - I've got a lot of learning to do there, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!