A Developing Idea VI

Last night I went to the hold-light-lookfilm developer near Dahra, and the cheeky bastard charged me 5 Dinars - last time it was only 1. Well, that's him off my list. If I need any more colour developing, I'll go to the gentle looking guy with the questionable female visitors. (I don't understand the short-term thinking which makes some one greedy and decide to rip-off a foreigner - I mean, it's not like the twat had a monopoly on film development in Tripoli).

Anyhow, whilst I was in Dahra, I was looking at some of the dozens of shops there which sell computer peripherals. There were plenty of scanners available. I found one that would scan 35mm, though not 120. I didn't find either of the two I shortlisted in this post. I'm not ready to buy one yet, but think that I could probably get a 35mm/120 neg scanner in due course.

I won the auction for a Fed 2, and that should be waiting for me when I get home for a holiday next month. Now I'm looking out for a lens, probably a Jupiter 8.

Meanwhile, I'm learning to love the D50 again. I'll edit in a photo later - the connexion's too slow just now.

Comments

  1. Hi PS... I've never been very impressed with flatbed scanners when used for film. I've found the resolution to be way too low to be useful... Remember to go by the native resolution, not the bullshine interpolated figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you mean? I'm straying into technical areas which I don't understand here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!