A Developing Idea VIII

Right, that's it. My birthday was yesterday, and I'm going to leave off eBay for a spell... There's a Fed 2 on its way, like I said, from the Ukraine to Hebburn. But I got a bit worried when the seller said it would take 15 to 25 days to arrive, that it might come after the end of my approaching holiday, perhaps, I envisaged, on the very morning that I was flying back...

And so this morning, I bought another Fed 2, from a UK seller, buy-it-now. Yes, I know, now I'm going to have two identical cameras... But it was 6AM and I wasn't thinking straight... I AM thinking as straight as I ever will now, though, and that's why I'm promising to stay away from eBay.

I've now got TWO Fed 2s, and an Industar 61; the second Fed 2 comes with its kit lens, an Industar 26, which apparently is no great shakes. However, I suppose I've got a Fed 2 for, spare parts, and a bog standard lens... Maybe I could swap them? Or put them back on eBay?

I was looking for a film scanner, but the big problem I foresee with 2nd hand ones is the whole Vista compatibility thing... So I'd better leave that. You can get 35mm film scanners new for £60 or so, anyway.

Let this be a salutary lesson. I want a Zorki 4, and a whole set of Jupiter lenses, but I'll wait, for now.

Comments

  1. I might be inclined to take that xtra Fed 2 off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Don, now that I've thought about it some more, it's no bad thing to have two of these. They are over 40 years old, and I plan on giving them a lot of use, and if bits start to give out, I can cannibalise the other one.

    So that might mean I need to go back to buy some tools, for close up repair work. You know, like watch-smiths' tools?

    Digital photography could never be such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!