Tuesday, December 06, 2005

...and make it snappy III

More thanks to Factobrunt for his observations on the Pig Sty Camera Question.

He's got the clincher, too, with his remarks about ISO. An SLR can have a relatively high ISO, which means I can take pics in poor(ish) light with no flash. I want to be able to do that to take relatively unobtrusive pictures, like this one.

Now the only question is which DSLR? The Canon EOS 350 is used by a lot of people on Flickr, including my mate Sam. There's a new Olympus out in the same price range.

Speaking of price, as we've a new baby and I've got a part time job, I can't dash out and buy something this expensive just now. So for the first time since childhood I'm Saving Up. No need for snap decisions, therefore, and a bit of fun making the decision meanwhile.