Sunday, November 20, 2005

Flickr: cold turkey; PSAPC; MA; Molly and dancing; hooray!

I've taken the Flickrbadge from the sidebar there. Flickr, and particularly the DMU group have become rather addicitive. Perhaps it's the need for peer group approval, a transference from the days when I used to spend evenings (and many's the afternoon, actually) in the pub. It's all harmless fun, of course, but mostly futile. I have learned a lot about taking photos, but need to spend some time putting it into practice.

Also a podcast. This audacity software looks rather daunting, so it'll take me a bit of time to get the hang of it, no doubt. It'll be a right laugh. I'm going to put it together under the name of the Pig Sty Avenue Podcasting Corporation.

Friday was given over to studying - well, not actually studying, more getting a programme of study together for the next couple of months, principally deciding what I'm going to do for the Methodology assignment, which is to be completed by late January. I need to get cracking with a lot of reading and thinking, next.

Molly's periods of neither-sleeping-nor-feeding are getting longer. Sometimes she just lies there quietly, staring at me or her Mam or the ceiling. Often, I put on some music and indulge in dancing whilst holding her in my arms; this activity seems to make her very preoccupied. It makes me wonder how much she learns from that sort of thing: linking heard music to rhythmic motion. Hmm.

Hi! Pig Sty Avenue will be a year old in a week or so.