Don't Even Ask

I'm not going to mention it until Something Happens.

The problem with Little Hits was that it Wasn't Weird Enough. Well, the 365 Days Project looks much more likely. I'm busy downloading it now, to listen to on the way to work (or hanging around the Maternity Wing perhaps), but I got to it via Pete A, who podcasted 'Frozen Embryos'; (now I wonder why that gave me such a laugh?)

[And I earlier put in the link for just part of the 365 Days; now the link is for the index. Sorry. Message ends.]

Seriously though, George Monbiot has assembled a number of examples of how the postmodern 'War on Terror' is being used to make people shut the fuck up. And there was an article yesterday about how this tendency includes photography. If anybody doesn't know the story of this wee photo on the right, and is interested, the story's on Flickr, here.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the Little Hits info - I'll be spending some time working through the tracks there. From 365 Days Project I can heartily recommend:

    Louis Farrakhan - Is She Is, Or Is She Ain't?
    Picking Up Girls Made Easy - The Women's Clothing Store Pick-Up
    G.W. Manning, M.D., Ph.D. - The Art of Heart Auscultation

    The first is genuinely a superb track from the days when Mr Farrakhan was known more for his Calypso talents rather than his forthright views on killing gays. The other two speak for themselves. Apart from the last one, which - and you'll see what I mean when you hear it - is like human 'whale music'.

    I'd be very interested to hear about your findings from the 365 Days Project so please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. That's just silly. If I can see it, I can know it. Silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my blog is worth a shufty? what is a shufty? and thanks for saying its worth a shufty!! :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Shufty", sometimes spelt "shufti", means "look at". It has the impication of informality. "My brother arrived in his new car, so I went outside for a shufty".

    So on the blogroll it means: "other blogs worth looking at".

    I like the word because when I worked in Libya I found out that it's also the Arabic for "look" or "see"; I assume it must have found its way into British English via soldiers after the Second World war.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!