A Conceptual Rubicon

SF Xpro 10 The processing of that roll last night seems to have worked out fine - though I did some unashamed post-processing to get rid of the worst of Velvia xpro's orange-rosiness.

And I don't much like the photos - just people going by in a parade, boring, really.  I've uploaded them all as a reminder to stop random snapping.

As I've been on a development bender this week, I've been thinking a lot about photography and what I'm going to do with it now that I've got a nice full camera bag, decent tripod, and a fair amount of technical know how.

I started to formulate some ideas a few days ago, and I've gotten a bit further now. Here we are:


  • Conceptualize: get an idea for a set of up to a couple of dozen photos, a situation, a theme, whatever.
  • Visualize how they're going to look.
  • Choose the best camera for the idea and the vision.
  • Choose the best film, ditto. 
  • Click, click, click...
  • Keep in mind when clicking the WHOLE frame.
  • Involve the subjects in the process.
  • Develop and process within 48 hours if possible. 
There it is.  Now.  First, catch your concept. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!