TBL1: Questionnaire

Yesterday was the first full day of proper teaching, with the book in the morning and the TBL as the day progressed. The task followed on from the book (Language Leader Upper Int unit 2.5) and involved drawing up a survey questionnaire, and going out amongst the University staff and students and conducting it. They picked it up and ran with! Best bit of teaching/learning I've seen in years. This morning there will be feedback from them in the form of short presentations.

It looks like it's going to work.

Also, they were encouraged to video the surveying, and did. The VLE should look pretty lively if this continues. I've promoted half a dozen students to moderate the Wiki - give them a sense of ownership and give me less work.

The thing I haven't done is to collate all of the test results. Which is a result of the biggest problem I have: being course leader and teaching full time is a considerable time-burden. If I was doing this again, I would draw up a timetable whereby a course leader was doing about 50% of the teaching hours, and the rest of the time would be enough for admin/management.

Comments

  1. Days like this make it all seem worthwhile.
    I guess, despite the constant cosmetic headfuck, that's what keeps us in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. It's certainly not the money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or students who say "This is too easy" after making sixteen dozen mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!