Leica: the End of the Affair

I wouldn't say I'm unhappy with the Leica, it's just that, after shooting about 8 or 9 rolls, I'm not exactly in love with it. If you see what I mean.

Maybe it's because I dropped it whilst loading up the car, and whilst it didn't take any damage beyond a dink to the rewind knob, I realized that it was all a wee bit too precious. Better off with the Sporti which, if it got smashed up in a mugging, or wtf, well, that would be the least of it. Or put it another way, if I'm in the pub on my own I can leave the camera on the table whilst I go out-the-back.

And I might just stick with 120. Maybe a Rolleiflex? On the way to the Hasselblad. That's the beauty of eBay: the Leica won't gather dust, it will go on to fund the next idea. I wouldn't rule out another DSLR, in the far off future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!