More Fun with Commuting and Reading

A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian was ok, I suppose. Herself suggested it may have been serialized as the book which follows Woman's Hour on Radio Four at 10.45 - and that would be about right. The sort of book a man would read if he wanted to appear more interesting to a certain kind of woman. Which I don't.

Next, I read a remarkable novel, The Crimson Petal and the White. That made the train fairly speed along - one minute I was in Stevenston, the next in Paisley.

Now I'm reading Snow Blind.

Comments

  1. Herself was right. I remember hearing it on the World Service Book of the Day when I lived in Italy. They can make anything sound great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!