Chemistry

After the disappointment I go with Delta/Pereceptol, I'm looking at the recipes in the Digitaltruth Photo Formulas and Data page. Therein one learns that ID11 is exactly the same as D-76. That's the recipe for me, anyhow.

Next, then, we go to the Silverprint Store Raw Chemicals pages. And here's the shopping list with prices:

Metol: 25g: £2.93
Sodium Sulphite (Anhydrous): 2.5kg: £12.41
Hydroquinone: 25g: £1.57


Unfortunately, Silverprint then fall down on the job with no granular Borax.

Retrophotographic have it, though, and the rest as follows:

Sodium Sulphite: 500g: £3.15
Hydroquinone: 100g: £3.99
Metol: 25g £3.49
Borax 100g £3.69

I'll also need some distilled water from the auto-store shop on Raise Street.

Very roughly, overall, that's going to work out at £2 a litre. Not bad, eh?

I've got enough fixer to last me a while, so I'll get on to that later.

And as for film, I'm going to get a couple of bulk loaders (really cheap on eBay), and have one loaded with HP5 for day, and another with Fuji Neopan 1600 for night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!