Fever!

I was perspiring an embarrasing amount at the start of the week. By Wednesday I was aching as if I'd gone 15 rounds with a heavyweight. By Thursday I was horizontal. Bit better now, and I really need to be well enough for work on Monday, because, like many's the worker these days, I'm paid by the hour.

At some point I heard on R4 this Daniel Everett talking about the language of the Piraha people. Here's a link to an unpublished paper.

Hopefully, I'll have more time an energy for such stuff soon. Training for the exam-writing early next month.

EDIT: thanks to anonymous commentator, for this link, which is the paper by Nevins et al (2007) to which Everett is responding. I'll get around to looking at this some time this year, inshallah, plus proper referencing and the backstory.

Comments

  1. Your link is a reply to http://ling.auf.net/lingBuzz/000411

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!