Calea zacatechichi

It really does grow like a weed. I got two cuttings about six weeks ago. One of them was green, the other more woody. The eBay seller said he had already had them in water a couple of weeks, so they should be ready to grow root within a week or so.

Standing in a glass of water on the kitchen windowsill (facing north), they were indeed rooted enough to plant them in perishable cutting pots after a couple of weeks, and the roots were showing through the pots within another two weeks. I potted them on into a 50/50 mixture of multipurpose compost and perlite at the weekend. They are growing at a fast rate, considering they only get eight hours of not-very-good light a day.

Comments

  1. I think you missed your vocation. You should have been a chemist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have been a 19th Century gentleman amateur ethnobotanist, with a big conservatory and an astonishing array of interesting plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about your film processing as well mate. Dash of this and a drop of that - you love it!!! I'll send you a white lab coat for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had hair, I'd fluff it up and look like a mad professor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!