Scops Owl



I heard a bird calling out the back of the bungalow tonight - it was very intriguing. I had a shufty at Birds of Britain and Europe (Includes North Africa and Middle East), and thought it might be a Scops Owl. So I had a listen to all the scops owls here, and the closest I can get is the Pemba Scops owl, Otus pembaensis, which sounds like this. But that can't be right, because it's limited to an island in Tanzania... It must be some other sort... There are lots. The one in the picture there is a white faced scops owl, found in Gambia.

Luckily, I got a recording of it, (amr format on my mobile phone). I'll get around to converting it to mp3, park it somewhere, and provide a link in the next couple of days.

Comments

  1. PLEASE
    CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF YOUR COUNTRY AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
    THANK YOU
    lefobserver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!