wanhangdu lu church


wanhangdu lu church, originally uploaded by Pig Sty Avenue.

I'm trying to crop to the golden ratio, but this looks a bit skinny, so maybe I did something wrong in photoshop. I don't know what denomination this church is. It looks as if it's being maintained, though perhaps mothballed as it's on the edge of huge building site.

The two churches I've been into in Shanghai, St Theresa's and St Peters, both Catholic, have been divided into three floors, so that the actual church is now up in the roof. I think that's because they were turned into factories during the Cultural Revolution, and presumably didn't need all that height. And when they became churches again, maybe someone thought, hi, this is ok as it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!