I love the smell of fixer, in the evening...

I got a bottle of ILFOSOL 3 and some Ilford Rapid Fixer.  Also polythene cover thingummy's for the negs.  And five rolls of Shanghai GP3 120. But on the way home, I shot the roll of HP5+ that I had in the camera.  I get what it is with this Street Photography now.  It's easy in a city like this, which always has a number of numpties and tourists about the place with cameras, and everybody's minding their own business.  I got the whole twelve on the way home, and then mixed up the gear and devd that roll this evening.  I was guessing with the temperature, mind, because I'd forgotten to get a thermometer.  Anyhoo, that first roll is drying now, at first glance I've got it underexposed.  The Measurements were a bit dodgy for the chemicals.  I had two 500 ml containers, White Kat washing up liquid, and the peach-brandy, I think it is, bottle, which has a label with the picture of a sad faced man in the middle of it. 

They were 500ml, but I had no measure less than the empty bottle of sweet chilli sauce I'd been keeping under the sink.  160ml.  So a quarter of that would be 40ml, so...  that was 40ml of ILFOSOL 3 to 460ml water, (about 1to12?).  Which is all really bollocks, I know, sorry , in terms of replication.  The temperature, like I said.  I need more dev kit, obvious shit like thermometer, measuring jugs.  I went into a street front shop,  in search of wee measuring jugs, and had an animated conversation with the family there consisting of my phone's dictionary, and a pen and pad for me to draw on.  She showed me a tape measure, then a kettle, (responses to "measure" and "jug", respectively).  She got it when I drew that jug with measurements up the side in ML,  and said some syllables, and the husband at the back with the baby murmured something, but NO she said, sadly.

I've managed ok, though, like I say, underexposed, it would seem. Scanning, the next step.  This weekend, I went through the briefcase.  I was actually looking for a pen, though it did occur to me I might have left a bag of sweeties there, bought and forgotten in Schipol.  What I found was a Financial Times from 21st December. Crossword three quarters done.  Here's the thing, 7 weeks on, I got the rest of the clues really quickly.  I'm just thinking, from a problem+processing+storage point of view, it's interesting.  Well, when I say interesting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!