More Chemistry Fun

The stock Perceptol's running low, so the time has come for buying chemicals and making up my own developer and fixer. I've already priced up the developer. There's a formula for Kodak F-24 at digital truth:

Water, 125F/52C 500 ml
Sodium Thiosulfate (Hypo) 240 g
Sodium Sulfite (anhydrous) 10 g
Sodium Bisulfite (anhydrous) 25 g
Cold water to make 1L


Which compares with the contents of my Ilford Rapid Fixer as follows:


Ammonium thiosulfate
Sodium acetate
Sodium sulfite
Sodium bisulfite


So the Ilford differs in that it has Ammonium thiosulfite as opposed to Sodium, and it also contains Sodium acetate.

I'm going to seek the advice of the nice people at DIY Black & White afore I commit the numbers on an increasingly beleaguered credit card to the less disinterested people at Retrophotographic.

Or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!